Monday, May 10, 2010

In Loving Memory of Dewey Revette (R.I.P. 4/20/2010)

SOURCE: blogspot

It’ll be three weeks tomorrow since the last time I saw my beloved little brother. To think that he got up that morning, got ready to go to work and left the house without knowing it would be his last to live, it kills me inside. I wasn’t there for him. It seems to me like his life was taken away in vain because there is rarely any mention of his name today. The local news only mentions the economical, political and environmental effects from this accident but does not recognize those killed in the accident. I mean, sure, marine life is at risk of dying and becoming extinct, but we would like for a proper memorial service to be done for the 11 lives lost on the day of April 20th. Given the fact that we can no longer recover their bodies, we also wish to visit the last place they were standing to lay a wreath and pray—maybe that will bring closure to all the grieving families.

My condolence goes to all the families suffering from the loss of a loved one in the oil rig explosion.


SOURCE: sharatjaswal

No comments:

Post a Comment