Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things WE can do to prevent a future oil crisis like this

What a relief. Our worries are over now, we can relax. I hope the oil crisis we experienced will change people's minds into becoming less dependent on oil. We have to open our eyes people! One day we can have all the oil in the world, but the next it could all be gone. We should think of alternatives to oil in order to save our petroleum from future outages like this one. For example, we can ride our bikes to not far away places, carpool with other people, use public transportation, use canvas bags instead of plastic bags when you go to the grocery store, shop locally, recycle, buy/ use energy efficient products, unplug any electronic device when it's not in use, etc. We should also write to our government representatives about ways we can depend less on oil--their there to represent us so why not ask to help make an impact on saving our oil. It can all be done if we all cooperate. LET'S DECREASE OUR CARBON FOOTPRINT =)


SOURCE: guestofaguest


Personally, I will try my best to not slip back into old habits. For instance, I now know that riding my bike helps the environment and it gives me a better view of my beautiful community so I think I'll keep riding my bike anywhere I go (that is close enough ;p).

No comments:

Post a Comment