Wednesday, April 28, 2010

THOUSANDS of flights CANCELLED....the Oil shortage continues....




SOURCE: boston


On April 17, the Eyjafjallajoekull volcano erupted, sending tiny particles of rock, glass and sand into the air along with the big cloud of ash. This volcanic eruption caused thousands of airlines to cancel their flights till further notice. Sounds to me like there will be MILLIONS of dollars lost due to the immense cloud of ash, putting at risk the plane's engines. Experts say an airplane's engine(s) could shut down by complete if it flies through a plume of volcanic ash. Those who were planning a trip back home from the UK, or a trip to the UK will now have to cancel their plans. I bet there are some angry and disappointed people out there.



As for the oil shortage, sounds like there is still some cutting back needed to be done around here. The oil shortage is decreasing the production of oil-made products. This calls for action people! We need to think of new ways to replace oil-made products, for when the day comes we already know how to live dependent-free of oil. Maybe we should think about using organic products.
SOURCE: wordpress


Personally, I am taking this situation like a matter of life-threatening. I cannot live without my daily use products; clothes, cleansing products, beauty products, health products, etc. Although I cannot live with those products, I can adjust to riding my bike when I go out to places other than my job. It's good for the environment and it does me well to keep me healthy and active. Seems to me like this couldn't have come at a much worse time--with all the layoffs and stuff.

SOURCE: treehugger

What are your thoughts? Are you willing to make changes to your life due to this situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment